It is with great pleasure that we are able to provide the 2016 revision of the Floor Rules and Instructions. You can find this new revision in the Member Area – References, Manual, and Forms (downloads) page of this site. Thank you to the Ritualistic Committee for all their hard work making these revisions.
I hope you give considerable thought to attending our 160th Annual Communication of the Grand Lodge of Kansas.
Online registration is not open yet, but will be on January 1st 2016.
There are some very exciting things planned and we hope you will join us for the Rededication of the cornerstone of our State Capitol Building, and to see the St. Johns Bible from New York (very historic), Brother Robert Dole is planning to attend as well. We are estimating this to be the largest Annual Communication of the Grand Lodge of Kansas since the mid 70’s.
Grand Lodge Officers, Past Grand Masters, current A/DDGM’s please do not register online. You should receive a letter from our office about your registration for the Annual Communication. If you have any questions please contact the Grand Lodge Office for clarification at 785-234-5518.
We are excited to finally be able to unveil the updated Grand Lodge website. Key to your improved experience is the new Member’s security and updated content formatting. Previously, we used a generic one-size-fits-some login system to allow access to the secured content. This system has been replaced with an individual user system.
About the new security system:
- Initially, you will not see any pages available under the Member Area tab.
- Clicking on the Member Area tab will open the Member Sign-in window.
- Your username is your Membership Number as it is printed on your dues card.
- Your default password is the password used to access the Membership Area of the previous site. (If you do not know what it is ask your secretary or find another informed Brother who can assist you.)
- Once logged in please use edit my profile to set your own personal password.
- After logging in, you will find that the dropdown menu of the Member Area tab is now populated with the pages to which you have access.
- There is no longer a need to sign in multiple times when transitioning from one security area to another, e.g. transitioning from the Members’ Downloads page to the Secretary’s Portal of the Grand Lodge site does not require an additional login.
- Make sure you logout when you are finished, especially if you are using a shared computer. To logout, click on the Member Area tab and click on logout in the window that opens.
If you feel that your access is not correct, please contact the Grand Lodge office for assistance. Anyone at the office can note your request and pass it on to the appropriate people.
About content updates:
- You will find that many of the areas which contain links or downloadable material are now in a table format. Our hope it that this new format will make finding what you are looking for much quicker and easier. In addition, this format should make it much easier to update content in the future.
- The Kansas Mason is now available in a flip-book format. Clicking on the cover picture of the edition will open the flip-book of that edition. If you prefer to view or download the edition in the .PDF version, you can do so by clicking on the text link found under the cover photo.
If you have any comments of concerns regarding these changes or if you find a problem with the site, please do not hesitate to contact the Grand Lodge office and they will pass that information to the appropriate people.
Grand Master Kellerman would like to invite you to his Reception and Banquet on April 4th 2015.
The reception will take place at the Topeka Masonic Center located at 2300 SW 30th st (30th and MacVicar) Topeka KS. The reception will be from 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm. The banquet will start at 6:00 pm, seating is limited so please make your reservations early. Please click the invitation on the right to register for the banquet.
Online registration for the 159th Annual Communication of the Grand Lodge of Kansas is now open, please click here to register. Registration information and motel accommodations can be found and made through the online registration form. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, Monday through Friday, at 785-234-5518. If you are a newly raised Kansas Master Mason and you have received a voucher for your registration fee for the Annual Communication, please call our office for the promo code to enter when registering online. Likewise, if your Lady wants to go on the Ladies tour, please contact Mary Halleran at “firstname.lastname@example.org” to reserve your seat. The number is limited and reservations for it is on a first come first serve basis.
The 2014 Leadership Academy will again be held at the Topeka Capitol Plaza Hotel near Downtown Topeka. We are looking for an even larger attendance than last year, so don’t wait to register. You can easily register by clicking here. For motel accommodations, the Capitol Plaza Hotel has given us another great deal with some very affordable rates in a nice place to stay.
Lodging information for Capitol Plaza Hotel Topeka KS,
– Instructions for booking on the Capitol Plaza Website or calling the hotel directly (*please note two different codes depending on how the reservation is booked): Reservations can be made online at www.capitolplazahoteltopeka.com Click on “Reservations” and you will be redirected to reservations page. Select “Groups” to continue booking. The attendee code for the discounted rate is LEADERSHIP, once the code is entered, you will be able to select the dates and book your reservation. OR, call the hotel directly at (800) 579-7937 (please mention you are part of Grand Lodge of KS: Leadership Meeting or group code LODGE).
Did you miss the inaugural course in April ? We are offering it again on September 6, in SIX locations. Wyandotte, Clay Center, Pittsburg, Dodge City, Goodland, Sterling.
$25 gets you the course book and access to the complete course.
Click here to register now, the deadline is August 30.